Account & Operations Executive
Would you like to join Peterborough Arena’s busy events team; booking, organising and overseeing your own functions at the city’s leading indoor and outdoor venue? Are you a creative and confident team player?
- Dealing with clients on a face to face basis and building your own regular client base
- Booking conference suites and show areas for clients and putting on computer system
- Identifying requirements for these events and providing quotes to clients
- Planning operations for events and managing costs
- Identifying new revenue streams, and implementing them
- Running event Profit and Loss reports
- Looking after clients events, from start to finish and liaising with customers on their requirements
- Creating signage for customer’s internal meetings and external customer’s events
- Enforcing any Health & Safety or Showground Services requirements for clients.
- Being contactable by clients during their event periods and on site when required.
- Manage junior staff where required
- Other Tasks
- Updating all documents
- Continually create new documents as required
- Upload all images onto the computer
- Put together the event instructions for shows and customers
- Produce floor plans
- Assist with the Christmas parties and other functions
- Keep all required files updated
- Update event and delegate rates and update systems
This new role will enable you to become part of a small and successful event and operations team. At an exciting time for SGS with our future plans for developing the business.
Requirements for the position include:
- 2 years’ experience in events and conferences
- Experience of Word and Excel
- Confident telephone manner
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Understanding of events, and our customers
- 4 GCSE or equivalent at C or above,
- Diploma / degree qualification
- Event Management qualification preferred
- Health and Safety IOSH managing safety preferred
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits. Training on our systems and you will work closely with all areas of the business to understand the needs of our customers to enable you to grow and develop your responsibilities within the role
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2015; please apply to:
Jason Lunn, Head of Operations, Showground Services, East of England Showground, PE2 6XE with a copy of your CV and a brief summary of what you would bring to the team, and how you could enhance this position.
Casual hospitality staff
WE are about to launch our exciting new range of Farmers Kitchen food products to our visitors – and are now looking for people who are experienced in front of house hospitality.
Available roles include.
- Bar staff.
- Waiters and Waitresses.
- Retail food counter staff.
Hours will be flexible and varied.
Each year we recruit a bank of casual staff who want to work flexible hours as and when required. All we ask is that you attend our training day and are prepared to work whenever you are required.
These positions will suit people who want a long-term casual role and are prepared to embrace the irregular work patterns of the event business.
We will be holding our training day during the first two weeks of March and staff will be required to be available immediately thereafter.
If you would like to join an exciting business albeit on a causal basis we would love to hear from you. Please note to work on the bars we do require applications to be over 18.
Please send your details to.
Jason Martin, Hospitality Manager
Peterborough Arena, East of England Showground
Oundle Road, Peterborough
With events happening every week of the year, we require a highly-motivated and readily available team of catering staff.
If you think you have the credentials for this role and are available to work some evening and weekend hours, please get in touch email@example.com via email, providing a CV and personal statement.
Friday 20th March 2015 – Saturday 21st March 2015 Event / ticket information